Thirty-three citizens from the Wichita region have been selected to participate in the 2017 Leadership Wichita class, a leadership training program presented by the Wichita Regional Chamber of Commerce. This class will join the nearly 1,000 other individuals who have committed to become stronger leaders for the community since the program was launched in 1983.
Leadership Wichita participants are identified through a nomination process, followed by submission of a formal application to the program’s Board of Trustees for selection. The Chamber received a record number of both nominations (202) and applications (101) for the 2017 program.
“Leadership Wichita provides professionals the training to use their talents and skills to tackle local needs, such as education and economic development,” said Tyler Heffron, Chair of Leadership Wichita Board of Trustees. “Past participants of Leadership Wichita have made significant contributions in our community, and this year’s class will graduate equipped with the insight to build upon their professional successes to make Wichita the premier place to grow companies, careers and communities.”
The 2017 class will participate in eight sessions that cover issues such as economic development and the future vision for Wichita, workforce development and the impact of ensuring a highly educated workforce in our community, the importance of consensus within government, along with building leadership skills through real-life examples, group discussions and collaboration.
The 2017 Leadership Wichita class will begin Thursday, Aug. 24 and will conclude Wednesday, Nov. 8.
2017 Leadership Wichita Class:
- Abigail Arthur, FreeState Healthcare
- Keturah Austin, Sedgwick County
- Kyle Blasdel, Conco Inc.
- Maggie Butler, Via Christi Health
- Anne Chandler, Boys & Girls Clubs of South Central Kansas
- Carrie Cox, Allen, Gibbs & Houlik, LC
- Mike Ellis, Delta Dental of Kansas
- Amy Feimer, Hunter Health Clinic
- LaShonda Garnes, City of Wichita
- Clay Germany, Wichita Police Department
- Michele Gifford, Textron Aviation
- Andrew Gough, Reverie Coffee Roasters
- Jeff Hersh, USD 265 Goddard Public Schools
- Jennifer Hughes, High Touch Technologies
- Danielle Johnson, Wichita State University Office of Diversity and Inclusion
- Justin Kasel, USD 259 Wichita Public Schools
- Jason Knobbe, Kansas Air National Guard
- Melissa Knoeber, Fidelity Bank
- Paul Lavender, Sasnak Management Corporation
- Jonathan Long, T-Mobile
- Sheila McGuire, Hutton Construction Corporation
- Cindy Miles, Nonprofit Chamber of Service
- Robert Moody, Martin Pringle Attorneys at Law
- Justin Pfeifer, Wichita Area Technical College
- Mark Pierce, Sedgwick County Sheriff’s Office
- Jake Ramstack, Insite Real Estate Group
- Tyler Roush, 18th Judicial District
- Courtney Sendall, Wichita Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Sharla Smith, University of Kansas School of Medicine Wichita
- Ty Tabing, Hudbella Government Affairs
- Jacob Wayman, e2e Accelerator, Inc.
- Rachel White-McQuillan, Westar Energy
- Rachael Woods, Spirit AeroSystems