Our 2017 Small Business Awards finalists truly couldn’t be more different when it comes to the industries they span (think from roofing to retail). But what they all do have in common is a love of people and a love for their community. The Wichita Eagle has profiled each of the 10 finalist companies in today’s edition, and links to each story can be found below.
There is another opportunity to hear directly from the finalists at next week’s Sunrise Scrambler, where a representative from each company will share some entrepreneurial insights about what has contributed to their success. The event will be held from 7:30 to 9 a.m. on Wednesday, April 26. Then the Small Business of the Year will be announced at a luncheon on May 24.
- Builders Plus Construction | Builders Plus second generation still forward-looking
- Elite Staffing Solutions | Elite Staffing Solutions founder went from rags to riches
- Etezazi Industries Inc. | Family atmosphere permeates aircraft supplier Etezazi Industries
- Fiber Dynamics, Inc. | Fiber Dynamics finds growth in composite specialization
- Mahaney Roofing Company | Long-term relationships matter at Mahaney Roofing
- McCurdy Auction, LLC | McCurdy Auction keeps business all in the family
- Reverie Coffee Roasters | Coffee and community drive Reverie Coffee Roasters forward
- The McGinty Machine Co., Inc. | McGinty approaches 80th year with eye on the future
- The Monarch | Monarch owner experiences success, stress and lots of lessons
- The Workroom | The Workroom evolves as place to support artisans
About the Small Business Awards
Small business is at the heart of what we do at the Chamber, so we’re so pleased to celebrate the 13th annual Small Business Awards this year. This annual program offers well-deserved recognition to small businesses for their achievements and contributions to our community by offering the opportunity to showcase their company, share their story and be rewarded for their efforts. Click here to learn more about the program and to see a list of previous award recipients.