A recap of the August Sunrise Scrambler
Back by popular demand was a panel of Chamber members to share their favorite apps and tools that make doing business easier and more efficient. Our thanks to these panelists for sharing their knowledge with us at yesterday’s Sunrise Scrambler:
- Brad Painchaud, Director of Business Development at Squid Ink Creative (Moderator)
- Carlos Fernandez, Co-founder of Clutch Studio
- Jordan Walker, Digital Director at Greteman Group
- Bill Ramsey, Director of Communications for The Insurance Guys and Owner of uBreakiFix
- Kevin Falting, Founder & Director of Wichitalks
First to the podium was Carlos Fernandez to speak about Snapchat.
- With over 100 million daily active users and 400 million snaps per day, Snapchat is one of the fastest-growing social networks.
- The network is becoming a vital part of global marketing strategies with 71% of users falling into the 18-34 age range.
- Carlos utilizes Snapchat for his personal brand, as it facilitates a one-on-one conversation with followers/clients.
- You can’t deny the numbers: there are 100 million active Snapchat users, producing 10 billion snaps per day.
Jordan Walker recommends using WorldCard to organize and curate the business cards we all receive on a daily basis.
- WorldCard puts business card information at your fingertips. You no longer have to search for cards.
- It’s easy to use and fairly accurate with the scanning capabilities (although the paid version is much more accurate and it’s only $6.99.)
- It syncs the data to your phone and email. You are also able to create categories to optimize organization.
- The app uses the phone’s camera to scan.
Bill uses Genius Scan + to house all business expense receipts.
- It has a simple, easy to use, interface.
- No longer have to carry wads of receipts around, or lose them. Bill joked that he has no idea how much money has come out of his personal pocket over the years because of lost or illegible receipts.
- Genius Scan + enhances receipt images, saves as PDF (which your accounting department will love) and uploads files directly to Dropbox.
Kevin recommended using Slack as an alternative to email for team communication.
- Slack is simple to get started and use.
- It promotes communication, collaboration, and is searchable.
- Sharing files is made easy and file size limits are much larger than email.
A special thank you goes out to the sponsors of yesterday’s Sunrise Scrambler: Emprise Bank (Presenting Sponsor); Eberly Farm (Host Sponsor); and Burnell’s Fine Jewelry & Design (Showcase Biz Sponsor).
See photos from the event on our Facebook page.
Save the date for our next Sunrise Scrambler on Thursday, Sept. 29 at the Hyatt Regency Wichita, then head down to Century II Expo Hall for Exposure (Wichita’s largest business-to-business trade show)!