We are currently accepting nominations for our 2017 Small Business Awards through Friday, Dec. 15! The program, now in its 14th year, offers well-deserved recognition to small businesses for their achievements and contributions to our community and provides owners and employees the opportunity to showcase their company, share their story and be rewarded for their efforts.
Nominations take less than a minute and can be made online at wichitachamber.org/awards. Please help us honor the small businesses that make our region unique and vibrant by nominating them for this award.
Business Criteria for Participation
- Headquartered in Wichita metro area
- Employ between 1-25 FTE for Tier One, or 26-100 FTE for Tier Two
- Have been in business for at least three years
- Demonstrate a commitment to good business practices
- Maintain good employee relations
- Contribute to the community
- Have primary source of revenues from business operations, rather than grants, donors, or governmental funding (not-for-profits may be eligible to apply if they meet this criteria)
- Be a member in good standing of the Wichita Regional Chamber at the time of application
Companies nominated will be invited to attend a complimentary nomination reception at the Chamber on Thursday, January 4 to learn more about the awards process and application materials.
Then in the spring, one business from each tier will be selected as the 2018 Small Business of the Year, which will be announced at an awards luncheon.