Last week your GWEDC team hit the trifecta of high-profile marketing events aimed at stimulating job creation and investment in the region. All three events just happened to be in and around the Las Vegas area making this a very cost-effective week for promoting Wichita to specific targets.
CoreNet Global – I attended the opening gala for the Corporate Office Real Estate Network’s Annual meeting on Monday, October 21. This is the world’s leading corporate real estate event. If you are the VP of real estate for a large company this is the where you go to network with 2,000 of your peers and take advantage of continuing education. We had a booth at the trade show depicting all the real estate solutions in the region with a special focus on the soon-to-be-vacant Boeing properties.
Aerospace & Defense Manufacturing Summit – Debra Teufel and I met with 24 aerospace and defense companies for 30 minutes each on October 20-21. The general purpose of these meetings was promoting how companies can take advantage of Wichita’s attributes and we were pleased to uncover several recruitment opportunities. Our presence at this event was further enhanced by Paul Jonas, Director of Environmental Test Labs and Special Programs at Wichita State University for the National Institute for Aviation Research. Paul made a presentation at the summit about innovative partnerships and tailored solutions the Institute provides for the aviation industry.
NBAA – Coinciding with CoreNet was the National Business Aviation Association’s Annual meeting, October 22-24, with some 30,000 attendees. Your GWEDC staff and seven partners worked a large booth at this event which is promoted as the world’s largest civil aviation show. GWEDC was one of 1,000 exhibitors, including about seven states and cities pitching to this amazing audience. We aggressively marketed for new jobs and investments to the business aircraft industry product, service, part, and manufacturers in attendance.
Our thanks to all of our investors and trade show partners for making these valuable marketing and recruitment opportunities possible.
Our local media provided extensive coverage during NBAA and the links below will connect you with some of their stories, photographs, and videos.
- October 21 – Wichita Eagle – Cessna CEO Scott Ernest at NBAA
- October 21 – Wichita Eagle – NBAA 2013: Wheels Up enthused by launch, founder says
- October 22 – Wichita Eagle – NBAA 2013: Wichita makes its presence known with large exhibit
- October 22 – Wichita Eagle – NBAA opens in Las Vegas
- October 22 – Wichita Eagle – NBAA’s 63rd convention opens
- October 24 – Wichita Business Journal – Wichita’s brand is in demand at NBAA
- October 25 – Wichita Business Journal – At NBAA, part of the pitch is luxury
- October 26 – Wichita Eagle – NBAA 2013 ends on high note