Jared shared his story with a sold-out Sunrise Scrambler crowd Wednesday morning at our annual non-profit showcase, where 34 area non-profits talked to attendees about their programs and services. Jared spoke about forgiveness and the power of positivity, two things he knows a lot about. He said that through the whole experience, he learned (and wants others to know) that no one has to be a victim to anything. Jared encourages people to be masters of their circumstances and fire back when life gets you down. He has decided to be happy, because that is what he knows Paige would want and what he would want for her if the roles were reversed.
Below are a few of Jared’s points and words of wisdom.
- Grace – Grace is equal parts kindness, patience and forgiveness. Be someone who affords grace to those around you.
- Goals – Setting long term goals helps you to keep going. Accomplishing short term goals add up to reaching the long term ones.
- Teamwork – It is okay to ask for help. Everyone is going through trials in their own lives but people want to help one another.
- Perspective – Perspective is both a burden and a gift, because it typically comes out of trying circumstances.
- Letting Go – Jared had to let go of both Paige and the self he was before the accident and try to be the best version of the self he is today.
KWCH 12 did a four-part series about Jared’s story. You can see it here.
A huge thank you to Jared for sharing his story with us, and thank you to Emprise Bank and Hyatt Regency Wichita for sponsoring the event.
See photos from the event on our Facebook page.