The Wichita Metro Chamber of Commerce hosted U.S. Congressman Mike Pompeo at a Federal Issues Forum luncheon today. Pompeo shared his thoughts on the upcoming U.S. Presidential election, the current regulatory environment for businesses, the state of the economy, military issues and the current risks and threats to national security.
A question and answer period followed his presentation. Pompeo took questions from Chamber members about these topics:
- Congressional conflict and the need for bipartisan efforts to move the country forward
- The findings of the U.S. House Select Committee on Benghazi
- Agricultural security and the safety of the U.S. food supply chain
- Viable options for combatting and defeating radical Islamic terrorism threats to this country
- Challenges facing the nation’s healthcare system
Pompeo ended the Federal Issues Forum with remarks about his confidence in the ability of Americans to find innovative solutions to the issues facing our communities and our country.
Special thanks to presenting sponsor, Envision, for today’s event. Gold sponsors included AT&T, Cox Communications, Koch Industries, Inc., Legacy Bank, Spirit AeroSystems, Inc., and the McGinty Machine Co., Inc. AGH Wealth Management provided an E-Media Sponsorship.
Please plan to join other Chamber members at the Congressional Summit, featuring the entire Kansas Federal Delegation, on October 14, the Local Elected Officials Reception on November 10, and the Chamber Issue Forum featuring Wichita Mayor Jeff Longwell on December 14.
Photos from today’s event are posted on the Chamber’s Facebook page.