Last night nearly 1,000 area business leaders had the opportunity to hear the Chairman and CEO of Gallup, Jim Clifton, share his thoughts about how to stimulate job growth. Mr. Clifton’s presentation was part of the Chamber’s Annual Meeting program.
We’ve covered many of Clifton’s ideas in previous posts. Here are a few additional thoughts that Mr. Clifton provided for us to consider.
- The start-up conversation is very different in communities that encourage job growth. It’s all about leadership. You need about 100 people in your city who gather together and say, “This is my town and I’d rather die than lose it.”
- Americans are still an exceptional tribe of people. Winston Churchill said, “You can always count on Americans to get it right—after they’ve tried everything else.”
- We have to “out-enterprise” the rest of the world if the U.S. is going to rise again.
- The next group of leaders must have enormous talent for developing people—moving our workforce from unengaged to engaged.
You can follow these links to articles, photos and videos that provide coverage of the event.
- The Wichita Eagle
- Wichita Business Journal
- Wichita Business Journal – 2
- Wichita Metro Chamber of Commerce Facebook